On April 1, 2009, MarketingProfs held the Digital Marketing World Virtual Conference (disclosure: the event was powered by InXpo). The conference went very well with thousands of people coming to the virtual conference, visiting booths, listening to presentations and chatting with one another.
Another unique aspect of the show was the Twitter conversation accompanying the chats in the networking lounge and auditorium. There was so much activity on Wednesday, that #mpworld was the second most discussed topic on Twitter for that day!
In addition to the hundreds of tweets, I found these blog posts regarding the event:
- The Virtual Edge: Digital Marketing World Spring 2009 Virtual Conference (Update 5/10/09)
- BG Creative’s Don’t Drink the Koolaid Blog: Living Online – Collected Notes & Observations (Update 4/17/09)
- Genius.com – B2B Marketing for Faster Sales Blog: The Village Approach to Online Events (Update 4/10/09)
- TMCA Blog: Virtual Conferences? (Update 4/4/09)
- Face2Face Blog: George P. Johnson Partners with InXpo (Update 4/4/09)
- Business.com’s B2B Online Marketing: Are Virtual Tradeshows Worthwhile for B2B
- MarketingInteractions: Virtual Events plus Twitter ROCK!
- Gold Stars Speakers Bureau Blog: What’s a Completely Digital Meeting Like?? I’ll Tell You!
- Peg Mulligan’s Blog: Digital Marketing World: Spring 2009 – Winning Against the Odds
- What Works, What Doesn’t: Lounges Key to Virtual Trade Shows
- MindBites Blog – Attending a Virtual Conference or Tradeshow Online
If I missed any blog postings, please add them in the comments. And on Monday, we’ll reveal the winner of the Flip Mini HD camera!